This role would be ideal for a qualified account with insurance sector experience looking to accelerate their career progression and personal development by working in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
The primary objective of this role is the delivery of Global Insurance financial results to the Executive Committee, Insurance senior management and underwriters as well as supporting the production of the annual financial business plan working with multiple departments across the organisation. This will throughout involve preparing insightful analysis to support the commercial decision-making process to identify opportunities and threats.
You will work closely with Global Underwriting Product Heads, Group MI and the Insurance CFO to drive the accuracy and timeliness of MI and support in the production of the annual business plan.
- Analysis and reporting of Global Insurance financial data and quarterly results for management, ExCo and underwriters
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy, consistency and timeliness of Quarterly Global Insurance MI
- Assist in the production of CFO and ExCo Reporting and line of business Quarterly Performance Reviews
- Assist in the production of the Global Insurance annual business plan partnering with Underwriting Heads to drive an optimised business plan
- Act as a point of contact for Underwriting heads in respect of financial information relating to their respective teams for plan and actuals
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies, automation and streamlining of existing activities and actively be reviewing the Insurance portfolios for opportunities and threats to profitability.
Experience & Skills
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with 2 years post qualified experience
- Previous experience in the insurance industry
- Previous experience in an accounting role with exposure to Insurance accounting and reporting
- Understanding of US and UK GAAP
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to relay information clearly and concisely in both written and verbal communications
- Strong finance/accountancy skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Strong technical understanding of insurance concepts and financial information
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills
- Advanced Office skills, in particular Microsoft Excel (IF, Lookup, Pivot)
- Some VBA skills with willingness to develop
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to work in a fast paced, time sensitive environment where meeting tight deadlines is critical
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team