Are you a commercially astute trading underwriter that has lead a team, managed key external relationships and taken bottom line responsibility across several classes of commercial business?
We are looking for an individual that will act as a catalyst for growth combining technical knowledge, market relationships and a collaborative leadership style to get the best out of a high performing and high potential team of commercial Underwriters.
The purpose of this role is to:
- Ensure the teams financial targets are met by having a deep underwriting of performance against budget, key drivers and formulating defined actions where appropriate
- Ensure the team provide a first class service to broker partners by overseeing the day to day operations of the team including workflow and productivity
- Be an active member of management board, helping drive strategic goals across the business and role modelling the business values
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management and leadership of the Complex Commercial Underwriting team.
- Where required, Underwrite own portfolio of new and existing business renewals each month, including the negotiation and provision of quotation and renewal invitations to brokers
- Monitor team performance on new business written, retention, rating and profitability
- Manage workloads to ensure terms and documentation is provided to brokers in line with required service standards
- Foster deep and meaningful trading relationships with broker partners, as well as internal stakeholders including Sales and Distribution, Underwriting and Pricing and the retail division
- Be the senior conduit with Capacity providers, developing deep and meaningful trading relationships
- Monitor competitor activity and ensure the firm remains competitive in terms of products and services offered
- Monitor levels of satisfaction and take action as necessary to drive continuous improvement and growth
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Mission
At IDEX, we strive for an inclusion-first company culture where everyone is treated fairly and can bring their authentic selves to work. We recognise and acknowledge that diverse representation at every level of our business requires continuous and measurable effort. We are committed to driving conscious inclusion across our business and creating equitable pathways.