Avencia are assisting with the recruitment of a high profile role, on behalf of a leading Lloyd's syndicate.
The Company currently writes lines of business including; speciality insurance: aviation & aerospace, energy, marine, property, credit & political risk, and other speciality; reinsurance: property reinsurance, property retrocession, speciality reinsurance, whole account/multi-class.
Rare opportunity with future growth potential at a renowned (re)insurer. This role will join a growing team, working very closely with the underwriting teams and support other Group functions in respect of the provision of actuarial pricing support focusing on Property in respect of Specialty lines (Direct & Facultative, Marine, Fine Art & Specie, Onshore Energy, Renewables. Etc), profitability reviews, exposure and aggregation analysis, business planning activities and other actuarial-related activities.
- Undertake the provision of actuarial pricing support to class underwriters within the underwriting division
- Role is focused on property related classes and will work closely with the catastrophe modelling team to create a combined pricing view across cat and not cat.
- Property related classes include DnF, Marine (Stock throughput, Ports and Builders Risk), Fine Art/Specie static exposure risk, Onshore Energy, Construction, and renewables (Onshore and Offshore).
- Price the most complex property related pricing cases and assess goodness of fit against the portfolio
- Undertake development of existing and new exposure and experience rating models using actuarial tools and techniques to quantify and evaluate risk factors in order to analyse the profitability of risks within the company.
- Assist in the development of Pricing MI to identify trends in the portfolio and portfolio optimisation.
- To collate data and undertake appropriate research, including analysis of market statistics, in order to assist the underwriting department's (re-)parameterisation of the pricing models developed, including benchmarking the models to the commercial marketplace.
- To develop a detailed understanding of each line of business written within the division.
- Assist in monitoring of aggregations of risk and contribute to risk reporting.
- Assist with reserving parameterisation and capital modelling as required.
- Communicate conclusions effectively to underwriters, actuaries and senior management.
- Continuously improve analysis to ensure it is at the forefront of the industry in order to maintain commercial advantage.
- Monitor efficiency of pricing process and drive further automation to increase turnaround times and output quality
Skills & experience
- Bachelor's Degree and FIA or equivalent actuarial designation.
- Strong academic background and mathematical acumen.
- Over 5 years' pricing experience to include working with variety of catastrophe models, preferably AIR and RMS.
- Knowledge of modelling techniques, approaches and issues across multiple lines of business including Property Treaty, D&F, Binders, Marine, Energy and Specialty
- Confident presenter with ability to explain complex modelling issues concisely to underwriters and senior management.