Head of Technical Pricing – Commercial
Hybrid working - Home and Guildford Head Office
We would consider part time as well as full time workers for our roles
Are you looking to play a key role in the transformation of Commercial Pricing, for one of the UKs largest general insurers? We are building our Commercial Lines Pricing capability and team and are looking for an experienced Pricing Leader to head up our Technical Pricing Function Join Allianz and be part of a Global organisation that is committed to defining new standards for Commercial pricing capability and heavily investing in tools and people to get there.
Why a Pricing role at Allianz:
- Opportunity to play a key role in our Pricing Transformation programme, building our tools and establishing smart ways of working that sets us up for a successful future
- Working across SME, Fleet and Mid Corp, our team provides the opportunity for exposure to multiple lines of business, disciplines and a variety of career routes.
- Opportunity to be part of a Global community to develop pricing best practice and international career paths
- A team that has strong alignments to our underwriting and data colleagues
- We are committed to developing our people, actively support further studies and provide the opportunity to participate in our Global Pricing Training Academy
What can we offer you:
We recognise and reward for a job well done, so we have a range of benefits on offer for you:
- Hybrid working model – split between home and up to 1-2 days a week in our Guildford office
- Competitive salary plus great benefits including car allowance and BUPA medical
- Generous pension contributions from Day 1 - 3% employee contribution and we will contribute an additional 5%. Allianz will match this up to a maximum of an additional 5% (10% in total)
- A discount up to 50% on a range of insurance products including car, home and pet
- Development days –we support your personal development and give you at least three days each year to help you out.
- Volunteering hours – employees can take part in volunteering activities for up to ten hours per year
More details about the role:
- Own and be responsible for driving increased sophistication and robustness into our Technical models and you will be passionate about improving the processes and tools to enable this be done efficiently.
- Be delivery focused, looking for ways of driving value into the business via an accelerated path, but will also be able to think strategically, contributing to discussions on future platform design, tooling and data delivery approach.
- Develop a high performing, motivated and skilled team and have a proven ability to deliver through others as well as grasping the detail.
- Design, develop and implement best practice Technical framework across multiple lines of business ensuring adherence with Group requirements
- Ultimate ownership of Technical model design, delivery and performance
- Engage with, and influence Senior Stakeholders across UK business and Allianz Group as UK Technical Lead
- Drive out significant and measurable business value from pricing deliveries
- Oversee ongoing development of Technical toolkit driving improved efficiency across team
- Contribute to strategic decisions regarding future platform design, tooling and data delivery approach
- Successfully lead, engage and develop capability across Technical team of 20+
- Contribute to the development of and uphold a robust governance framework ensuring alignment to developments in the regulatory environment
Skills & experience:
- An experienced Senior Technical Pricing Manager with 10+ years’ experience leading teams and high profile pricing deliveries
- Understanding of and experience working within a Commercial Insurance environment. (Although happy to consider a candidate with predominantly Personal Lines experience, if they can demonstrate a sound knowledge and understanding of the Commercial Lines space)
- Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries or equivalent qualification with extensive relevant post-qualification experience.
- Confident in use of Pricing & Actuarial software such as Emblem and Radar
- Experience using tools such as Python, R, SQL, SAS,, Excel, VBA
- Strong business acumen