An opportunity to join an established insurance company who underwrite a range of UK SME commercial products and package policies.
They distribute through a broker network as well as offering bespoke delegated authority to third parties.
The Head of Underwriting is a new role. You will lead the Underwriting Management team consisting of 6 staff as well as support in the day to day running of over 30 active underwriters and work closely with the Chief Underwriting officer.
- Guide and review the improvement of underwriting policies & procedures to monitor compliance with underwriting standards and identify methodologies for improving controls and efficiencies
- Review and develops strategies for improving the underwriting results and increasing distribution of key products
- Manage, enhance and maintain the relevant Underwriting and Procedural guides and rating tools and update Underwriting Guideline (including Acceptance & Rating) for all distribution channel (including the development of electronic traded products)
- Ensure good quality two-way communication between Underwriting Management and Claims Department, to identify adverse trends or technical aspects and necessitate changes to either policy or procedure by underwriting teams
- Support Chief Underwriter in wording drafting and wording reviews as well as participate in product development as required.
- Support Chief Underwriter to provide product focussed advice to underwriters on relevant matters and working to resolve product related challenges as they arise
- Contributing to product innovation in our chosen markets, challenging the status quo
- Support Chief Underwriter in setting and delivering Underwriting Key Performance Indicators and overseeing the delivery of company plan
- Support Chief Underwriter in driving strategic portfolio management, address performance and planning issues using a risk-based approach, and ensuring improvement of the underwriting performance and execution of underwriting strategies.
- Supporting Chief Underwriter in ensuring that the agreed control processes and tools are effectively used for the oversight of underwriting risks and product line performance
Essential Expertise required
Strong technical underwriting experience across a broad range of different UK commercial risks
Some experience in underwriting management and operations
What is on offer
Salary to £120,000 + bonus and package
Flexible hybrid working - City and Home
Ref _ 9412
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.