The Infrastructure Engineer role provides operational oversight and technical expertise for enterprise Active Directory, Exchange and Mobility environments. This individual will partner with other internal engineers to provide guidance and direction to support teams and other areas of IT within the business.
This position will need to bridge architecture and operations/engineering, mapping department and business requirements to specific technical efforts in order to achieve operational efficiency and excellence.
Duties and accountabilities
- Performs engineering and administrative duties for Active Directory, Exchange, Intune, ADFS, Certificate Authority as wells as maintains integrations with technologies and other business applications.
- Partners with internal engineers to perform operational support and project activities.
- Performs resolution of sophisticated hardware, environmental software operating systems and subsystems.
- Partners with architecture to evaluate, recommend and select new software/hardware.
- Performs change management using standard tools. Ensures conformance and compliance with existing system standards. Measures performance to ensure proper operation.
- Trains technical staff on use of software/hardware tools in accordance with required standards and procedures.
- Participate in after hours critical production support as the need arises.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills & experience
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Microsoft certification preferred.
- ITIL Certification or experience working in an ITIL environment preferred.
- Experience of providing technical delivery of large projects working with partners from business, development and infrastructure teams.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Azure AD, AD Federation Services, Exchange 2016/Online, and Intune.
- Experience with Active Directory LDS a plus.
- Strong experience with highly complex multi forest environments including trusts, replication topology and group policy management.
- Experience with domain migrations and integrations.
- Familiarity with PowerShell or scripting technologies and automation capabilities.
- Strong experience with multi Exchange organization environments and troubleshooting mail flow, routing and security practices.
- Experience with mobile device management and integrations.
- Demonstration of thorough understanding of how discrete infrastructure components work together to provide reliable and secure hosting environment.
- Experience working with Cloud technologies including Azure.
- Understanding of security concepts and how they impact functional areas required.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, creativity, attention to detail, and oral and written communications skills tailored for the intended audience.
- Works under direction and guidance in planning details of procedures and methods to attain definite objectives.
- Experience working in an acquisition minded environment with the ability to scale technologies, people and process.
- Familiarity operating within an Agile and DevOps environment preferred.
- Strong technical foundation that enables thoughtful troubleshooting during complex incidents.