Part time - 4 days per week
£50,000 (Pro-rata) + Pension, PMI, Parking, Flexible working plus many other perks.
A leading property developer, specialising in acquiring and developing land to create new homes and communities in locations across London and the South East are hiring an in-house Insurance Manager.
The role will manage all insurance risk within the business. This newly created role will report to will involve all aspects of insurance, from organising new insurance policies to managing policies day-to-day, improving processes and procedures, identifying and managing insurance risk, as well as claims management.
Working closely with the parent businesses insurance team, Brokers and independent Insurance Advisors, this wide-ranging role will take ownership for the administration of all insurance risk across the breadth of the business.
Day to day, the position will involve the following responsibilities:
- Placing new policies as and when needed by the business, specifically in relation to project policies, by completing insurance applications and instructing the Broker to arrange and place insurance programmes to protect the business
- Responsibility for ensuring that the business comply with their duty of disclosure and Fair presentation of risk
- Responsibility for maintaining internal controls relating to insurance policies and ensuring that policies are renewed in a timely fashion
- Day-to-day administration of all insurance policies, including mid-term adjustments
- Understanding and communicating policy exclusions and exceptions across the business
- Working with Brokers and the business to gather and review renewal or new business information before approaching the insurance market
- Preparing presentations to support insurance placement
- Responsibility for driving the insurance renewal process
- Developing an in-depth understanding of the business and able to keep the senior team abreast of emerging risks and insurance solutions
- Reviewing policy wording to ensure robust protection
- Responsibility for ensuring claims and notifications are made on a timely basis. Working with Insurers on a direct basis in relation to day to day claims handling and involving in-house legal and health and safety teams as required
- Providing reports and information to the board as required in relation to current insurance programme, premium costs and claims experience
- Reviewing processes and procedures internally around insurance to ensure insurance risk is covered as effectively as possible and creates a consistent approach. Understanding what procedures are currently within the business and developing these further to ensure full compliance with insurers requirements
- Acting as the in-house contact for any insurance questions internally and from third parties
- Serving as the company representative in the insurance industry and professional associations
- Staying abreast of the insurance industry standards, policies, changes and new initiatives
What they need from you
- A strong insurance background to function as a subject matter expert, specifically in relation to construction insurance and with the ability to identify the need to draw on external Advisors where necessary
- Experience of dealing with CAR, professional indemnity, directors' liability and motor insurance, together with an understanding of construction contractual requirements, including JCT
- Dip CII qualified or good progress towards
- Relevant insurance experience dealing with construction business
- A strong understanding of risk management and claims gained either within an in house role or broking setting.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build longer term relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present and communicate with all levels within the business and externally
- Extensive experience of administering a broad range of insurance policies and claims, including knowledge of policy wording
- The ability to prioritise workload and maintain detailed registers of insurance matters which are dealt with ahead of deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail / the ability to analyse and summarise information
Contact telephone: 0333 700 4339
Contact fax: 08453 701008
Contact name: Lisa Williams