Operations, streamlining IT processes and managing budgets is what you do. Just by chance, you've fallen into the Insurance sector and enjoy the variation and challenge it brings you day by day.
IDEX are delighted to bring to you an exceptional operations and IT leadership opportunity - it really is one of those roles that has a lot of interest in the market.
A very well thought of insurance business, specialists within corporate insurance broking, risk management, employee benefits and London/Lloyds market placement.
They employ just shy of 200 people in the UK, with 4 offices across Manchester and the South East. Clients ranging from FTSE 250 to SME, HNW / Connected Private Clients and other Retail Brokers.
As an Integral part of the business you would look to enhance and manage all aspects of the company's IT needs, such as hardware and telephony, as well as support the ongoing development of core applications, such as Acturis.
The IT function of this business is outsourced so a lot of what you'll get involved in is managing the supplier and French counter parts to make sure the business is within budget, what the needs are, what changes can be made - A traditional supplier management role!
The role will have specific objectives such as:
- Work together with stakeholders to promote and establish a vision for IT requirements and priorities across the business
- Research, design, present and provide optimised IT solutions that will enhance the business's ability to meet its goals now and in the future
- Ensure that all IT solutions are safe and secure and enhance the reputation of our business with clients and partners alike
- Work together with stakeholders with the production of data, reporting and key performance information in a timely and accurate manner in order to best support the overall management of the business
- Work with suppliers and internal stakeholders and customers to deliver those solutions in a timely and cost-effective manner
To be considered, you'll have a background working within operations and IT management, we will consider individuals anywhere in the country (Slight bias towards London, Midlands or Manchester).
A salary up to £50,000 is on offer including flexibility working from home, an exceptional benefits package (to be discussed) as well as progression into other teams as the business expands.
This really is an exceptional opportunity that has so much potential, not just short term but long term also.
CV not typed up yet? No problem, if you feel you have the skills/experience please get in touch and we can help you build out a profile. Once shortlisted, we can then follow up with an official role profile/job description.