Started in 2017, Laka set out to transform bicycle insurance by connecting passionate cyclists all over the UK to form a community and protect their bikes. A better model for insurance was born. For once people come first in insurance by fairly sharing the cost amongst each other.
Laka makes sure everything runs smoothly for the community: from exceptionally fast claims to splitting the cost fairly, guaranteeing a maximum price, and all the other heavy lifting of a regulated insurance business. For that service, the community pays Laka a fee.
For cyclists it's a simple calculation:
- Take care of your gear as a community, and reap the rewards of lower cost
- Laka focuses on getting you back on your bike because that's how we get paid
It's a win-win all around!
We are growing fast and are expanding across segments, products and geographies. We started with Enthusiasts before expanding to Mobility (Commuters, City Cyclists & Cargo bikes) and E-Mobility (E-bikes but soon other E-Mobility solutions) customers. Most recently, we expanded to Commercial customers and closed exciting partnerships in the food delivery & couriers space.
Yep, it's been a busy Q1 as we also launched in the Netherlands where we set up our European HQ in anticipation of our roll-out across continental Europe.
We are now looking to recruit an enthusiastic Insurance Manager to join us at an exciting time in our journey.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting the research and development of Laka’s new insurance products, getting your hands dirty on customer insights, pricing, policy wordings and everything in between
- Supporting Laka's sales and account management team to win and maintain commercial partners / customers - producing quotations and creating propositions that meet the needs of our target customers
- The evolution of Laka’s existing insurance products to ensure we’re never standing still and we’re always improving our collective’s cover
- Supporting Laka’s European expansion and product rollout - where should we go next and what products will work best there?
- Managing relationships with Laka’s existing insurance partners and seeking out new ones
- Getting on the front line by handling claims for our collective - that’s what we’re here for!
- Ensuring that we play by the rules by keeping a handle on compliance processes
You should apply if:
- You have 2 - 4 years of experience in the insurance industry in broking, underwriting or as an actuary
- You have an appetite to challenge “the way things have always been done” in insurance
- ACII or working towards
- Actuarial experience / qualifications
Before you apply, please make sure that you have permission to work in the UK (unfortunately we will not be able to provide Visa sponsorship for this role).
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Bike-friendly offices in London, Bristol and Amsterdam
- Enjoy free weekly team lunches, a fridge filled with healthy snacks and free coffee from our own machine
- Work from home, any of our offices in London, Bristol or Amsterdam, or go to the gym during the day - it’s up to you how you plan your time as long as the work gets done
- Grow and skill-up with a personal growth budget tailored to your needs
- Take the time off you need, we ask you to take at least 25 days holidays + bank holidays to clear your mind
- Get your next bike with our cycle-to-work scheme
- Get free Laka credit every month to insure your bikes with us
- Plan for the future with our workplace pension scheme
- Kit yourself out with our cycling industry discounts
- Get top-notch Apple equipment or similar to get work done
- Join our bi-monthly book club with access to free books
- Have a voice in our regular team off-sites to collectively shape the future of Laka