Our client is looking to hire a 2nd Line Risk & Control Senior Analyst (IT) to facilitate and monitor the 2nd line risk and control environment for a selection of business departments across their business and its underlying Business Units encompassing all of the risk and control frameworks in place (IFC, IC & Operational Risk).
Reporting to the Risk & Control Manager you'll ensure a robust risk and control environment providing a 2nd line opinion and to take a lead role in ensuring that appropriate actions are taken to document, challenge, monitor, report and escalate risk and control issues, in line with the governance structure and company frameworks.
What you'll be doing:
- Take a lead role in managing activities encompassing Operational Risk, IFC and IC from a 2nd line perspective
- Build risk and control management competencies within the business and support business areas responsible for in the deployment and maintenance of the Group Operational Risk & Control Management Frameworks
- Report to line manager the status of activities under taken and any issues identified in the risk and control environment with the scope of responsibilities
- Actively engage with other risk? and control management functions within the business
- Build and maintain good relationships with the 1st line teams under the scope of responsibilities
- Maintain a good awareness and understanding of key business developments in IT through pro-active involvement in major change projects
- Strong knowledge of data analytics techniques and tools; SAS, PowerBI, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of established IT disciplines, such as security, service management, operational resilience and emerging technologies and trends
- Qualified or PQ ACCA or CIMA (Accountancy Qualification) or QBE
- Relevant Professional qualification (e.g. CISA, CISM,ITIL etc.) desirable but not essential
- Obtained or working towards a relevant risk professional qualification
- Excellent stakeholder management, relationship building, influencing and communication skills