Our client underwrites a diverse portfolio of property, casualty and marine insurance and reinsurance business on a world-wide basis. They underwrite through Lloyd's of London, and regionally through commercial insurance routes. We're recruiting for their commercial insurance division, which markets and underwrites speciality insurance products and programmes to a variety of niche markets.
The role of Legal Expenses Claims Handler will be to assess legal expenses insurance (LEI) claims.
The BTE Claims team deal with assessing and managing indemnity provided to policyholders for the purpose of pursuing/defending a range of legal action, including employment, property and contractual dispute and fitness to practice investigations.
- A Claims Handler provides an efficient claims handling services to all customers by responding to LEI claims using excellent written and call handling skills, in line with department service standards and internal/external service level requirements.
- Claims Handlers will handle claims from start to conclusion, which involves investigating the validity of a claim and, where a claim is accepted, maintaining a regular review of its validity. This includes negotiating cost funding with solicitors and managing their costs to ensure compliance with policy terms and conditions.
- The Claims Handler will regularly liaise with solicitors, barristers, accountants, insurance brokers, and directly with policyholders.
Skills & experience
- Exceptional communication skills are required, together with a skill for evaluating legal documents.
- Enquiring and inquisitive, with the ability to identify areas of challenge and to articulate reasoned arguments to legal professionals.
- Excellent time management skills, in order to adhere to demanding service level standards and maintain an active case load.
- Previous claims handling experience, preferably in Legal Expenses Insurance
- Legal training, preferable a law degree
- Previous Insurance experience will be preferable
- Good understanding of the legal industry