The successful candidate will be a key member of RSA Motor pricing team, conducting analyses, delivering appropriate pricing recommendations to help achieve Motor business plans
This role involves developing, maintaining and optimising pricing models in line with agreed strategy & targets. You will spend your time providing detailed analytical support & recommendations to enable decision making, analysing pricing model performance and forecasting, reporting on findings and implementing agreed corrective action plans.
You will tailor pricing models taking into consideration research, insight and market conditions, improving techniques to optimise models and providing feedback for the continuous development of pricing strategies
You will attend cross functional meetings to present recommendations, the results of analysis and findings and support the development and implementation of new deals / schemes / products.
• Work in close partnership with product teams to deliver trading performance in line with agreed strategy & targets
• Develop, maintain and optimise pricing models in line with agreed strategy & targets ensuring methods and assumptions used are appropriate and consistent with Group/Regional guidelines and reflect material regulatory requirements
• Provide scenario modelling and detailed analytical analyses & support, producing timely accurate and insightful outputs to enable decision making
• Monitor and analyse pricing performance and forecasting, report on findings and implement agreed corrective action plans
• Attend cross functional meetings to present the results of analysis and findings
• Assist with the coaching & development of team members to raise standards and expertise across the team
• Contribute to the development of new pricing approaches and techniques
• Build and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external in relation to these portfolios
You will have:
• Experience in Personal Lines Motor pricing
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong numeracy skills, good attention to detail and understanding of statistical analysis
• Practical experience of price optimisation and/or multi-variate modelling techniques used in pricing
• Strong relationship and stakeholder management skills
• Capability to guide and manage more junior staff
• Ability to use judgment and be comfortable with ambiguity
• Experience of using software packages commonly used in PL Pricing is desirable, although not essential (e.g. SAS, Emblem, Radar, Earnix)
A welcoming, diverse and inclusive culture is an important element for RSA in our best-in-class ambition. RSA thrives when everyone feels comfortable bringing their best self to work. We celebrate difference, whilst striving to create an environment where colleagues feel respected and valued for their unique potential. Our commitment to diversity is sincere, continually growing and led right from the top.
If you require flexibility in when, where or how you work, we’d love to hear from you. We also want to ensure that you are supported throughout the application process to enable you to be at your best. If you require adjustments during your application process, please flag this on your application form.