The Operational Change Manager will play a key role in ensuring key initiatives meet objectives by managing the impact to the organisation and increasing employee adoption and usage. Will focus on the people side of change and address both practical and emotional changes to the way our people need to work and think to use technology most effectively.
The primary responsibility for the Communications & Change Manager will be creating and implementing change management strategies and plans that promote employee commitment to and engagement with the changes and maximise effective employee adoption and usage. Will work to drive faster adoption and ownership of new ways of working and new technologies, leading to higher utilisation of and proficiency with the changes that impact employees. Will also be responsible for the design, delivery and management of the communication plans for relevant initiatives, as well the broader updates for the technology function.
Create key change management deliverables (change management strategy, change impact analysis, communications plan) and execution of the items within these plans using a structured methodology. Key areas of focus will initially include:
- Introduction of Agile to the organization
- Improvements to the employee experience as it relates to adoption of IT changes
- Shaping and managing change-related work within IT
- Define and manage plan to support and measure improved IT employee engagement
- Lead the design, development, delivery and management of communications for the Technology function and associated change initiatives, tracking effectiveness and modifying approach as required
- Evaluate and ensure business and user readiness, working with teams to mitigate any identified gaps
- Design and implement process/ metrics to monitor effectiveness of communications and change management and identify additional actions to take or modify where appropriate.
- Provide support to stakeholders across the business to help them and their teams through transition to new responsibilities and ways of working as necessary
- Integrate change initiatives into a broader technology roadmap and portfolio/project plans
- Work with teams to conduct training and knowledge needs analysis, build training and knowledge strategy and plan, and support the design and delivery of training programs
- Work with members of the Communication and Organisational Change Management teams as necessary to deliver objectives and to ensure alignment with enterprise standards/plans
Skills & experience
- Demonstrable experience, ideally supported by a formal qualification, of managing organisational change across people, process and technology using a structured change management approach (methodologies and tools) across multiple geographies
- A solid understanding how people go through change and how to support associated new ways of working and culture change
- Exceptional communication skills (written, verbal and active listening) and content creation
- Ability to clearly articulate messages in a compelling way, particularly related to the adoption of new technology and/or ways of working, to a variety of audiences using different mediums
- Excellent stakeholder management and influencing, with proven ability to develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels across the organisation
- Significant understanding of Agile and its successful implementation, with experience in LEAN a plus
- A flexible, engaging agent of change who leads by example
- Experience in improving the adoption of technology (Office 365 and other)
- Desired experience of the insurance industry, across multiple product lines, including the London Lloyds market, (ideally both syndicate and company)