Market leading specialty insurer are seeking a talented Operations Transformation Programme Manager to join the organisation on a fixed term contract basis.
The Company currently writes lines of business including; speciality insurance: aviation & aerospace, energy, marine, property, credit & political risk, and other speciality; reinsurance: property reinsurance, property retrocession, speciality reinsurance, whole account/multi-class.
The Transformation Manager role requires working collaboratively with a Group COO and Function Heads to design, execute, and lead multiple teams through organisational change efforts of varying size and complexity. This role will utilise change management principles, processes, and tools to focus on defining a target operating model (TOM); driving financial and operational results, behavioural changes; designing change strategy, assessing stakeholder impacts and organisational readiness, recommending and/or implementing appropriate communication, training, and behavioural change solutions, and measuring effectiveness to enhance organization, group, and individual performance.
- Coordinate the functional workstreams, risk assessment and project governance and control.
- Optimise or use a standard programme delivery methodology for delivering programme goals (e.g. agile, waterfall, iterative)
- Bring together and coordinate Finance, Underwriting, Insurance Operations business functions and project teams to deliver programme goals
- Create and track a plan to deliver the programme goals, including burndown of functional BaU backlog, TOM bridge plan, and TOM end state, and analogue to digital technical implementation plan(s)
- Managing dependencies, delivery timelines and implementations plan
- Ensure end to end processes and controls are in place
- Lead project teams in support of different project workstreams, and manage overall project activities, plans, and schedules associated with deliverables and milestones
- Lead, guide and support multiple function leads through the design and implementation of targeted operating model, change strategies including identification of change impacts to people, process, policy, and structure, stakeholder identification and alignment, appropriate communication and feedback loops, success measures, training, organizational readiness, and long-term sustainability
- Leads, drive day-to-day change management activities while providing the appropriate levels of support and coaching for allocated function and project team members
- Lead analysis studies and propose operations strategy and business case(s) for Insurance Operations pipeline resourcing, and operational efficiencies effectiveness
- Build and maintain effective partnerships with key cross functional leaders (Underwriting, Actuarial, IT Delivery, Insurance Operations, Claims, Delegated Authority, etc) and project team members
- Work with 3rd party delivery partners to identify other areas of opportunity within existing remits, as well as explore future sourcing considerations
- Educate and coach project team members, sponsors, and functional leaders on change management principles, tools, and their roles in effective change
- Recommend appropriate new or revised change management tools and practices
- Responsible for developing, managing and delivering the target operating model framework across the organisation. In ensuring deliverables, controls and checkpoints
- Manage the full end-to-end process, producing documentation, ensuring methodologies and controls are adhered to and working with internal teams and 3rd parties to make sure testing, training and communications are fit for purpose
- Manage the interface between the transformation programme and Outwards Reinsurance in liaison with the Director of Underwriting
- Complete all other assigned duties
Skills & experience