Avencia Consulting are currently recruiting on behalf of a gloable Reinsurance client based in the city, who are looking to hire an Outwards Reinsurance Accountant for a 6 month FTC.
To support the Outwards Reinsurance Accounting function in delivering high quality accounting data and analysis relating to the Group's outwards reinsurance programme during the quarterly close process, business planning, and ongoing project work.
Fixed Term Contract
Quarterly Outwards Reinsurance Accounting close process:
- Undertakes outwards reinsurance postings and reconciliations to source data in accordance with quarterly close timetable.
- Performs analyses and reconciliations of P&L, Balance Sheet and cash balances to ensure accuracy and completeness of bookings.
- Builds strong relationships with stakeholders, in particular ORO and ORP.
- Constantly seeks to improve effectiveness and efficiency of the close process.
- Performs analyses of outwards reinsurance balances, including explanation of differences from plan and source systems.
- Contributes to commentary to feed into quarterly Board papers.
- Applies appropriate US GAAP and UK GAAP principles for financial reporting purposes.
- Supports preparation of quarterly SOX control information, and maintains compliance.
- Responds to queries from internal and external audit in a timely manner.
Business planning process
- Supports with data sourcing and reconciliation, outwards reinsurance allocations, modelling and analysis during the Business Planning process.
- Maintains and runs tools to incorporate outwards reinsurance data into the business planning process at the required level of granularity.
Ongoing project work relating to outwards reinsurance
- Assists the Outwards Reinsurance Accounting Manager in delivering the objectives of ongoing outwards reinsurance improvement work, and the OWRI Project.
- Contributes to reconciliation and testing work to ensure that new systems and processes satisfy reporting requirements. Provides ad hoc support
- Supports the Outwards Reinsurance Accounting team with ad hoc analysis work, answers queries related to outwards reinsurance, and supports members of the wider Group Finance team.
Skills & experience
- ACCA/ACA/CMA Qualified accountant
- Experience of working with data and excel models essential
- Experience of reinsurance would be beneficial
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Curiosity and problem solving essential
- Highly numerate
- Strong IT skills: advanced Excel, Microsoft packages, database and internet software, CODA
- Team focussed
- Audit, documentation and control background beneficial