Avencia consulting is working with a global insurance firm, with offices based on Fenchurch Street. We're seeking a proactive personal assistant for a Chief Accounting Officer and the Head of FP&A.
To provide administrative and secretarial support to Senior Managers and respective teams within the Group to ensure dependent activities are completed to a high standard and in line with stakeholder expectations.
The successful candidate will want to engage in project work outside of the BAU responsibilities. Ideally candidates will have worked in a finance department previously, with an appreciation of how they can positively impact both short-term and long-term projects.
- Contributes to the preparation and implementation of the operational team plans to ensure these include relevant considerations for delivery
- Determines own work priorities and activities in line with agreed plans to ensure the achievement of personal and team objectives
- Assists in the preparation of documentation e.g. board papers, following expected protocols and standards
- Maintains diaries and address books to ensure stakeholder's time is used effectively, and contacts maintained in line with working priorities and protocols
- Organises travel itineraries and accommodation, ensuring these arrangements are made in line with requirements and protocols
- Prepares and submits expenses for payment, ensuring accurate capture on relevant systems to allow monitoring against budget
- Performs activities as directed and in accordance with expected standards, to ensure obligations are met, to minimise risk and maximise efficiency
- Screens, prioritises and annotates incoming information and communications (telephone, electronic paper) responding, redirecting or referring as appropriate
- Acts as secretary to key statutory committees to ensure effective administration of the meetings and accurate recording of information.
- Assists Senior Management and/or Leadership in dealing with administrative aspects of highly confidential matters such as acquisitions and delicate staffing issues
- Compiles documentation, creatively formatting and presenting information when necessary within prescribed timeframes and to expected standards
- Supports the senior team in the production of management information reports, presentations etc, to enable effective communication and analysis
- Organises internal and external meetings, ensuring logistics are in place and notes are distributed in a timely manner
- Maintains information on behalf of the senior management/leadership (e.g. holidays, sickness etc) to ensure accuracy and audit trail)
- Undertakes administrative activities as requested or required in order to support the efficient operation of the team/department
- Extensive secretarial experience within a corporate environment at a PA level or working for a Senior Manager/Head of/Director
- GCSEs or equivalent in English and Mathematics
- Protocols behind board reports and papers