An opportunity to join an established and highly successful Underwriting Agency based in Essex.
Our client specialises within the Personal Lines sectors, enjoying long term relationships with clients and insurers.
They are seeking an additional member to their Underwriting Team, full training given and an excellent chance of development and progression.
- Underwriter / Technician
Responsibilities will include;
- To process and underwrite policies within their framework.
- To be able to communicate effectively and confidently with broker partners building strong positive relationships.
- Handle telephone enquiries efficiently and professionally at all times delivering a high standard of customer service.
- Effectively respond to correspondence both internal and external by post or e-mail.
- Accurately write up & Input new business cases as required.
- Process all new business, adjustments and renewals in a timely and accurate manner.
- Correctly investigate and process items that fall into Pending or Failed in the processing systems.
- Deal with accounts queries effectively.
- Participate in ad hoc duties as required to effectively maintain the smooth running of the department.
- Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working in an Underwriting environment/Motor broking/Personal Lines insurance
- Act in a professional manner at all times
- A positive attitude
- Ability to problem solve and able to work under pressure
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Good organisation
- Computer literate, MS Office
- Team player
What you need to know;
- Salary - up to £28,000 - bonus and good bens
- Hybrid working - 4 days in office with 1 day at home
- Location - Essex
Interested? Please apply today and we will contact you by return.
MW Appointments has been recruiting in the Insurance market since 1992, so you will benefit from partnering with a market leader who possess in-depth technical understanding, comprehensive market in-sight, excellent market intelligence and well-established relationships with companies across the insurance sector.
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.