The purpose of this role is to plan and manage the delivery of one or more discrete projects on a day to day basis, establishing the project structure, roles and teams; developing and maintaining plans; identifying and managing risks; and monitoring and reporting progress.
You will have a good understanding of the systems development lifecycle and be able to work collaboratively with the CIO IS delivery team, to integrate IS suppliers and plans into and throughout the project.
You will need to work with key stakeholders to clarify project outputs, and timescale, quality and cost criteria; and provide leadership, guidance and coaching to the project team. You will be an experienced manager and have strong communication and relationship management skills.
Ideally you will come from a Commercial Lines / Insurance background and will be comfortable dealing with policy wordings.
- Defines and agrees project scope, outputs, and timescale, quality and cost criteria to ensure business requirements are understood and agreed, working closely with IS Delivery function to understand core IS solution
- Works collaboratively with the CIO IS Delivery function and respects IS governance in the delivery of all change projects within remit.
- Defines and establishes the project structure, roles and teams to ensure efficient and effective project delivery.
- Plans, manages, monitors and reports on the work of project teams to deliver the outputs to the agreed timescale, quality and cost criteria, ensuring projects comply with RSA methodology and governance.
- Builds and maintains relationships with internal and external stakeholders to enable the achievement of project objectives.
- Effectively integrates suppliers into the project via an integrated delivery plan. Works with CIO function to align, key IS suppliers in respect of delivery performance (schedule, budget, quality) and continuous improvement.
- Manages, motivates and coaches project staff and teams to deliver agreed project and personal objectives.
- Managing project costs, benefits, risks, issues and dependencies, including with IS and other delivery plans, to enable the achievement of project objectives.
- Ensures the effectiveness and efficiency of their team delivery and development.
Skills and Experience:
- Significant project management experience, gained through working on projects of various sizes and complexity
- Experience of Lean / Agile, or able to demonstrate aptitude to learn and execute different methodologies
- Experience within in the financial services industry (multi- channel, distribution, products, services, customers and industry wide knowledge)
- Experience of delivering stretching goals in a challenging environment, positively challenging ways of working and engaging and involving others in a constructive manner.
- Strong communication and relationship management skills, having experience in engaging and leading others across functional boundaries.
- Experience in Influencing and negotiating; flexing style to obtain buy in and secure business outcomes
- Proven track record of working with multiple teams and stakeholders, to drive performance improvement across the organisation
If this sounds like a role you're interested in then please apply.
A welcoming, diverse and inclusive culture is an important element for RSA in our best-in-class ambition. RSA thrives when everyone feels comfortable bringing their best self to work. We celebrate difference, whilst striving to create an environment where colleagues feel respected and valued for their unique potential. Our commitment to diversity is sincere, continually growing and led right from the top.
If you require flexibility in when, where or how you work, we’d love to hear from you. We also want to ensure that you are supported throughout the application process to enable you to be at your best. If you require adjustments during your application process, please flag this on your application form.