Picture this, you're an Commercial Underwriter who specialises in the property and casualty markets and you've had enough…..you need something new that's going to get you out of bed in the morning and really push you. You're looking for a business that does things a little differently, a business who's ahead of the game and certainly one who can help develop your career.
Say no more...
Due to the exceptional growth of the business, our client has created an underwriting position to support their busy team based in Stokesley, North Yorkshire.
They have a history of promoting from within so over time the candidate they hire will have an opportunity to expand beyond the current role into a more diverse and dynamic underwriting position.
Responsibilities of the role
- To act within your individual underwriting authority with a keen eye to writing a sustainable profitable account.
- Act on behalf of our insurer capacity to provide the best possible loss ratio.
- Assess underwriting exposures and decide whether to proceed with underwriting the risk
- Based on underwriting guidelines, determine the terms of acceptance for risks presented.
- Discussing the insurance terms and policies with the coverholder and/or Broker and/or affinity group
- To deal with referrals that fall outside the Cover holder and Brokers Authority
- To deal with inbound telephone enquiries and provide non-advised contract certain quotations together with the complete fulfilment of the policy cycle.
- Review insurance contracts as presented by a broker, coverholder or affinity group to identify the underwriting profitability.
- Record regulatory and compliance information in accordance with company guidelines.
- Use excellent interpersonal skills to present and interact in a professional manner with colleagues, clients and other professionals.
- Assist in the development and testing of future online products.
This truly is a fantastic opportunity to join an leading MGA who can offer you a fantastic career and really reward you for the hard work you put in!