Regional Commercial Underwriter
Development Underwriter - South East £Open
Working for a leading Brokers, a new role has arisen to develop both new relationships and existing ones within the South and South East. The role will include underwriting new and renewal business for a product suite consisting of commercial combined, property owners, retail package, primary liability, excess liability, contract works, contractors' plant and equipment.
The role will be a fantastic opportunity for someone who likes variety and flexibility to manage their own time. The role will be working from home, including regular visits to brokers, conducting underwriting surgeries, attending the DOA office and being part of regular team meetings. The daily work will be developing relationships, underwriting new enquiries and renewals for brokers in the region.
- New business underwriting and processing - target commission & fee income per month
- Renewal business underwriting
- Midterm adjustment underwriting and processing
- Broker development (New and existing) including regular broker visits and on-site underwriting
- Develop and maintain relationships with your broker panel
- Monthly reporting
- Commercial underwriting experience is essential, specifically Property and Liability, ideally in all or some of the products mentioned above.
- Experience in dealing with Commercial brokers/ Insurers
- Experience working in a small team in SME organisations
- Experience in underwriting with delegated authority or underwriting licences
- Proven track record of developing new and existing relationships with key brokers
- Ability to deliver on financial targets
- Ability to work in as a team and on own initiative
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.