To provide high quality statistical analysis and analytical support and assist with the delivery of the Reinsurance Actuarial Reserving Team's objectives.
* To support the quarterly reserving exercise, including:
- Developing an understanding of relevant data sources and systems; where needed, processing system data for reserving purposes using Excel and Access
- Projecting classes of business
- Reporting on reserving themes
- Being involved in initial underwriters' meetings, presenting findings where appropriate
* To help improve the reserving process
* To actively engage with the Reinsurance Actuarial Pricing team and promote cross-discipline knowledge sharing and consistency
* To actively participate in the building and development of the actuarial team
* Participate in and undertake applicable professional, technical and career development training (delivered internally and externally) to include attainment of associated qualifications where required
* Where applicable ensure company, market and client related documentation is issued (internally and externally) accurately and on time
* Comply with external and internal regulatory and statutory policies, procedures and regulations
* To operate as an effective team member by supporting colleagues and contributing in the delivery and achievement of overall team and business objectives
* Liaise with relevant and associated areas and groups within the business process to establish, support and maintain business relationships and organisational effectiveness
* To undertake any other duties of a similar nature that the company reasonably requests to be performed that are within the expertise and skills of the jobholder. These may be subject to periodic review and any updates and changes to be introduced after consultation with the person concerned.
Skills & experience
- Completion and attainment of a degree with mathematical content
- Progress towards completion of an Actuarial qualification in the UK, US or Europe
- 1-4 years previous actuarial experience essential.
- Previous experience in Reserving General Insurance business preferred, but not essential