Due to continued expansion across the Group, we are looking for a Risk & Compliance Manager to work as part of the Group Risk & Compliance Team to ensure a consistent approach and manage the provision of support and guidance to the assigned businesses, in respect of legal and regulatory obligations.
Further to the management of risk, embedding the culture of best practice is key to this role as is facilitating an increase in knowledge across the group. It is important that you are able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with the assigned businesses at all levels, ensuring a ‘partnership’ approach is taken (whilst maintaining independence) so that key issues are escalated, and any issues resolved on a timely basis.
Key to this role will be managing regulatory and business risk, responsibilities will include:
• Working with team colleagues ensure that all emerging regulation / law is identified, captured and assessed for business impact across all areas, propose changes to process and practice where necessary and communicate the changes to all staff as necessary.
• Working with the assigned business area ensure that all processes and practices are implemented appropriately into practice.
• Act as a contact point for day to day business risk matters arising from the assigned businesses.
• Oversee Compliance with the Consumer Credit obligations within the assigned businesses, ensuring consistency across the Group through alignment with team colleagues.
• Manage and oversee Compliance with the Data Protection obligations within the assigned businesses and ensure consistency across the Group.
• Ensure that the regulatory submissions for the assigned businesses are completed on time and that data held by the regulator is correct and up to date.
• Strong knowledge and experience of the UK Retail insurance market.
• Knowledge and experience of a UK Retail Broking environment.
• Strong knowledge and experience of UK regulatory requirements.
• Knowledge of all UK Retail insurance classes.
• Data Protection knowledge.
• Risk Management knowledge.
• Collaborative and innovative approach to working.
• Act with integrity at all times when working with stakeholders.
• Ability to implement regulations / law into commercially viable practices.
• Ability to see more than one solution to a problem and to identify the best option for the business.