Senior Binding Authority Technician
SENIOR BINDING AUTHORITY TECHNICIAN
Hyrbid working flexibility - 2 days London & 3 WFH
Salary - £open
Authorised Lloyd's Broker who offer insurance and reinsurance intermediaries throughout the world access to Lloyd's of London and to London, European and Bermudian companies.
They specialize in providing US MGAs with a comprehensive service for surplus lines business, arranging binding authorities for US MGAs and managing the relationship between the MGA and Insurers. They also possess the capability to quote and bind a wide variety of risks under their own in-house binding authorities.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Binding Authority Technician who would be reporting to the Binding Authority Technical Management team, the purpose of this role will primarily be to contribute towards the smooth running of the Binding Authority team within the Technical Department, providing support to the Broking and Managed Underwriting departments, with particular attention being made towards the points detailed below.
- Maintenance/back-up of the Binding Authority diary.
- Assist with production of Confirmations of Cover, Endorsements and other general correspondence.
- Submission of Binding Authority Agreements/Endorsements to Delegated Contract Manager (DCOM).
- Submission of Binding Authority Agreements/Endorsements/Premium Bordereaux to Xchanging (DXC) and dealing with any resulting queries.
- General office administration.
- Strong understanding and experience in Premium Bordereaux processing.
- Contract Creation/Submission of Premium Bordereaux to the DDM System.
- To learn and assist where necessary in all areas of the binding authority team.
- Awareness of FCA rules as may be applicable to this role.
Skills and expertise required
- Minimum 3 years working experience for a Lloyd's Broker.
- Knowledge of US business would be an advantage.
- Detailed knowledge of latest Binding Authority Agreement processes and procedures.
- Experience of working in a technical binder processing role essential.
- Experience in premium bordereaux processing.
- Excellent communication skills both written/verbally, as well as being well organised and able to work with your own initiative and as a team.
- Flexibility and ability to meet deadlines.
- MS Office Intermediate level essential.
- Good working knowledge of DXC, DCOM, DDM.
REF … 8698
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.