This is an opportunity to be a Senior Claims Adjuster within the Management & Transactional Liability, Cyber and TMT claims team.
The claims team works collaboratively alongside the underwriting function in order to facilitate close communication and exchange of ideas.
The Management & Transactional Liability, Cyber and TMT claims team handles claims for multiple underwriting teams within Wholesale Claims. This includes a broad range of UK and international claims arising from Directors and Officers, Warranty and Indemnity, Cyber, Technology Professional Indemnity, Media Professional Indemnity and Intellectual Property policies.
What you'll be doing:
- Handle high value, complex claims across all classes of business within the team, in line with the claims philosophy, reserving philosophy and Claims Handling Manual
- Work with Managing Agents and service providers in multiple jurisdictions
- Support the Claims Managers and other senior leaders in the development and implementation of the Claims Business Plan and strategy
- Help train, support and guide all team members in their claims handling
- Be collaborative in your approach by sharing any improvements with the other team members or claims teams
- Maintain good working relationships with the underwriting team, Actuarial team and Outwards Reinsurance Team
- Provide feedback on claims experiences, contract wordings (including policy wording), claims data or feedback for any renewal to the Claims Managers and underwriters
- Drive team broker interaction to deliver a more customer focused and value adding service, including supporting an organised broker interaction program on an annual basis
Our must haves:
- Should have previous experience handing some (but there is no need to have handled all) of the classes of business within the team
- Have experience supervising and training more junior team members
- Have experience of using ECF and an understanding of London market critical metrics
- Demonstrate strong written and spoken communication skills
- Demonstrate strong team work
- Possess strong independent organisational skills
- Have good IT (Microsoft Office) skills, including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
Who we are:
Avencia Consulting are an RPO who provide a recruitment service to our client.
What's in it for you:
- A great starting salary plus annual bonus & strong benefits package…
- 25 days paid holiday plus Bank Holidays, with the opportunity to buy / sell extra leave
- Fantastic company pension scheme, private medical and dental cover, life assurance, travel insurance cover, income protection, season ticket loan as well as other great benefits on offer
- There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career and we can provide the support needed to do just that!
Are you ready to play your part?
Choose 'Apply Now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We are a Disability Confident Committed employer which means we will you'll have a positive experience applying for a role at Markel and are able to perform at your best. If there are any adjustments we can reasonably make to ensure that the process is accessible for you at every stage please let us know.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.