Avencia Consulting are currently recruiting on behalf of a Global Insurance and Reinsurance firm based in The City, who are looking to hire a Senior Claims Adjuster to join on a permanent basis.
The Claims department seek to be market-leaders in the provision of an efficient, cost-effective and professional service to our brokers and clients. Our vision is to be the most customer focused, agile and value adding claims team in the market. We strive to be pro-active and flexible in the management of claims whilst maintaining our integrity. The claims team works with the underwriting team in order to facilitate close communication and exchange of ideas, and is an integral part of the product and customer service delivered to our clients.
The Special Projects Team (SPT) handle all claims deemed 'legacy'. Legacy is any discontinued business which has been approved for transfer to SPT. All newly discontinued classes of business are considered for transfer to SPT on an annual basis with consideration given to broker/client expectations, claims location, process, expertise, and capacity. A small number of exceptions exist where the claims will continue to be managed within the respective division.
The purpose of the SPT team is
(i) to provide strategy and day to day management of the legacy business under a simplified process and structure
(ii) to drive the closure of dormant claims, and
(iii) to identify and actively seek commutation opportunities.
* Drive, facilitate and deliver a customer focused approach to claims which is measurable through: speed of service and open, transparent and personable communications with all brokers and (re)insureds
* Cradle to grave claims handling of a varied portfolio of international claims including Aviation, A&H, Marine, Casualty & Motor classes
* Carry out various administrative/accounting tasks where required
* Perform account and class of business reviews with an aim to cleanse, close-out, and/or look to negotiate settlements or commutation
* Provide high quality commentary on weekly, monthly & quarterly reports
* Carry out required claim audits and have oversight of the outcome, actions arising and ensure these are followed up appropriately, actioned and documented
* Maintain good working relationships with the Actuarial and Outwards Reinsurance Teams
* Support key partners in connection with claim trends, marketing and business development
Skills & experience
* Be willing to adapt to a variety of claims, tasks and processes
* Have an international London Market adjusting background with direct experience in handling high profile legacy claims (Insurance & Reinsurance).
* Be customer focused, in particular in understanding the importance of the quality, clarity and speed of service delivery
* Experience in account reviews, audits, and commutation negotiations
* Previous experience of handling London market claims (including knowledge of ECF) will be beneficial but not essential
* Work to establish relationships and collaborate effectively across the business, and leverage those relationships in the achievement of goals and objectives
* Build a strong position in the management and resolution of Claims
* Use relevant data to gain buy-in and support in setting and implementing case strategy