A growing insurance company based in Leeds who underwrite a diverse portfolio of property, casualty and marine on a world-wide basis. They seek to provide quality products and excellent customer service so that they can be a market leader.
The claims department is based in Leeds, providing an atmosphere in which people can reach their personal potential with ongoing support.
The claims department aims to be the market leader in the provision of an efficient, cost effective, creative and professional service to our brokers and clients. We strive to be pro-active and flexible in management of claims whilst maintaining our integrity. The claims team works with the underwriting team in order to facilitate close communication and exchange of ideas, and is an integral part of the product and customer service delivered to our clients.
Duties and accountabilities
* Take full responsibility and accountability for your workload of claims covering varied classes of business but with a focus on Professional Indemnity, Employers Liability, Public Liability and Property claims.
* Be able to prioritise work, have good time management skills and be able to work to deadlines to see claims through to final settlement in a proactive manner.
* Have a detailed knowledge of policy wordings and their application for Professional Indemnity, Employers' Liability, Public Liability and Property claims across all classes of business in addition to a working knowledge of all UK Retail wordings.
* Ensure good and regular lines of communication exist with key brokers and ensure that relationships are maintained.
* Contribute to team projects as required by the UK Retail Claims Manager.
Skills & experience
Skills, knowledge and experience
The successful candidate will:
* Have either legal qualifications or will be a claims practitioner with relevant experience including studying towards or having a real desire to study towards CII qualifications.
* Good Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook and must become fully competent with our in-house systems.
* Have excellent written and oral communication skills.