The primary responsibility of this position is to provide operational and analytical support to the organisation's compensation function within the HCM department. This includes conducting compensation activity on a broad departmental, divisional or company-wide basis and/or complex project basis. Will also be responsible for supporting the development, communication, implementation and administration of base pay and incentive programs, including the annual compensation review and bonus cycles.
Are you analytical, adept in balancing multiple priorities, love process improvement and would like to showcase your written and verbal communication skills at all levels of a company? If so our London-based Senior Compensation Analyst might be a great opportunity for you! We are seeking an analytical professional with advanced Excel and interpersonal skills who is looking to become part of a highly visible team of compensation professionals.
As a member of the Compensation team you will be responsible for providing appropriate support and analysis to ensure the company maintains competitive compensation programmes and a cost effective position in the markets within which we operate.
Duties and accountabilities
- Lead the design, analysis, implementation, and maintenance of broad-based compensation and related programs for new and existing employees, to include both base pay and annual incentive programs.
- Responsible for coordinating global annual merit and incentive pay processes through Workday.
- Assist with the design, implementation and communication of compensation policies, programmes and processes.
- Participate in compensation surveys and prepare competitive benchmarking analysis including market pricing all forms of compensation (base salary and incentives).
- Conduct market compensation studies and external benchmarking, job analysis and pay structure development for employees.
- Lead special compensation-related projects as needed. Function as a team member within the department and organisation.
- Prepare and provide monthly accrual reports to Finance as it relates to annual compensation review and bonus payouts.
- Perform job design analysis in support of maintaining Markel's overall job structure. For US-based roles, determine FLSA exemptions for positions and understand FLSA issues and compliance.
- Consult with managers on compensation practices, classification, and policy interpretation matters.
Skills & experience
- A degree in a business-focused subject or or equivalent work experience
- Advanced Excel proficiency;
- Intermediate Power Point skills
- Technical experience in this field;
- Desire to achieve a professional compensation designation;
- Prior experience managing multi-department projects or processes (preferred);
- Prior experience working in Workday or similar HRIS system (preferred).