Avencia is working with a leading, diversified specialty insurance and reinsurance company. Their reserving team are seeking a senior actuarial analyst to join them in their London office.
To provide high quality statistical analysis and analytical support and assist with the delivery of the Insurance Actuarial Reserving Team's objectives.
- To support the quarterly reserving exercise, including:
- Developing an understanding of relevant data sources and systems;
- Completing quarterly reserving exercise for assigned lines of business;
- Presenting findings where appropriate;
- Help improve the reserving process;
- Answering queries from key stakeholders on reserving results.
- To analyse and report to more senior actuaries on reserving issues, claims trends and key risks and uncertainties
- To support quarterly and year end reporting for reserving
- To support the business planning process, as required
- To assist Risk Management and Capital Modelling by supplying appropriate information
- To actively engage with the Actuarial Pricing team and promote cross-discipline knowledge sharing and consistency
This role would be the second most senior actuarial member of the team - ability and desire to train junior actuaries is valued.
Skills & experience
- Completion and attainment of an honours degree, ideally with mathematical content
- Progress towards completion of an Actuarial qualification in the UK, US or Europe
- 2+ years of working within a General Insurance actuarial role; reserving experience preferred/ pricing experienced considered.