To provide high quality statistical analysis and analytical support and assist with the delivery of the Reinsurance Actuarial Reserving Team's objectives.
- To support the quarterly reserving exercise, including:
- Developing an understanding of relevant data sources and systems;
- Completing quarterly reserving exercise for assigned lines of business;
- Presenting findings where appropriate;
- Help improve the reserving process;
- Answering queries from key stakeholders on reserving results.
- To analyse and report to more senior actuaries on reserving issues, claims trends and key risks and uncertainties
- To support quarterly and year end reporting for reserving
- To support the business planning process, as required
- To assist Risk Management and Capital Modelling by supplying appropriate information
- To actively engage with the Actuarial Pricing team and promote cross-discipline knowledge sharing and consistency
Skills & experience
- Completion and attainment of an honours degree, ideally with mathematical content
- Progress towards completion of an Actuarial qualification in the UK, US or Europe
- 3+ years of working within a General Insurance actuarial role; reserving experience preferred/ pricing experienced considered.