Avencia consulting are working for a highly regarded global insurance corporation. They're hiring a senior software engineer for the global corporate function, with the role being situated in the London office. We're seeking an experience catastrophe software developer who is seeking an organisation that can make rapid and forward thinking change across its catastrophe software's.
Opportunities available to travel to the USA.
Seeking a talented and passionate Catastrophe Management Senior Software Engineer to join the team. The Senior Software Engineer will be hands-on, technically-capable, delivery-focused leader who is passionate about providing customers with superior service. Vocal advocates of agile / lean methods who will be excited about creative problem-solving as part of a cross-functional team; will obsess over maintaining systems at the highest operating levels; will strive for the best end-user experience and will have the drive and desire to keep learning the latest technologies. Senior Software Engineer contributes to the development, maintenance, and enhancement of business systems and applications by providing specialized technical and business knowledge and mentorship to the team.
- Function as leader of a scrum team responsible for the complete delivery of solutions
- Design, build and test Cat Management systems and software in a multi-technology environment
- Socialise best practices and design patterns as appropriate to ensure high quality processes and minimise maintenance requirements
- Offer technical direction on how to adopt and use the latest tools and technologies
- Leverage agile and DevOps to optimise delivery practices
- Be an advocate and evangelist of micro services architecture and REST API vision
- Drive technical excellence within the technical community of practice
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems reported
- Design and implement proactive response systems
Skills & experience
- Previous experience leading passionate agile teams
- Experience in a variety of fast-moving domains working on strategic initiatives
- A great communicator able to articulate technical issues in plain language
- You take ownership of tasks and are outcome focused
- Continuous learner, seeking out new technological solutions, languages and coding methods Experience assembling solutions using custom development, off the shelf systems, and 3rd party integrations Experience in diagnosing system and application issues
- Extensive experience maintaining Windows Servers and SQL Servers
- Extensive experience of experience with relational databases and SQL - MS SQL Server preferred
- Extensive experience Agile project delivery methods
- Experience with Microsoft HPC, Azure, and infrastructure management
- DevOps, CI/CD, test automation and cloud deployment
- Experience creating modern web applications and designing Web APIs with REST/JSON
- Experience setting up cloud-based innovation / sandbox environments for experimentation
- Familiarity with design thinking and customer centric design
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, other related field or military experience
Other desirable/ advantageous skills and experience…
- Experience gained in either an insurance or insurance-related business or a fast-paced retail environment.