The Senior Support Analyst is responsible for providing operational support services across a large and complex applications landscape. The successful candidate will collaborate with business and IT colleagues to ensure services levels are delivered that meet or exceed agreed service levels.
Working as part of a small but focussed team, the role requires a highly competent and motivated technical individual who is passionate about delivering a world class service to our customers.
This role will report to the "IT Business Lead - MINT Wholesale".
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the Wholesale Support Team Strategies, Procedures & Policies
- Troubleshoot, triage and resolve complex issues across a broad set of applications
- Investigate and manage support calls appropriately to a timely resolution
- Creating scripts in one or more scripting languages to drive automation efficiencies
- Ensure that all fixes are appropriately tested and released to Production in a timely and professional manner ensuring adequate controls and audit files are maintained.
- Create and maintain detailed service support documentation
- Ability to translate technical issues into user friendly language
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers and IT partners for troubleshooting.
- Ensure thorough and timely communication with the Business and the wider IT service teams
- Develop a thorough knowledge of MINT's business practices & processes which are aligned with the Wholesale applications and services
- Ensure the business priorities are managed in relation to support, change request processes and releases
- Support the management, co-ordination & prioritisation of change requests ensuring the business priorities are agreed and clearly communicated to all impacted parties
- Support the delivery of projects into business as usual transition into the Wholesale
- Support Team.
- Support identification of business risks and propose mitigating actions
Skills & experience
- Qualification in Computer Science or information Systems (or equivalent experience)
- Strong planning and co-ordination skills proven in a complex and rapidly changing technical environment.
- An understanding of the end-to-end project lifecycle.
- Proven experience of structured analysis and design techniques
- Knowledge of SQL databases & data interrogation in order to support systems analysis activities
- Maintain a sound market knowledge with respect to current & future market initiative's
- An awareness of the ITIL service lifecycle
- Wholesale insurance experience within the London Market is beneficial