The Risk, Capital and Ceded Re team support the Chief Risk Officer in creating and informing capital management strategies, implementing an effective Enterprise Risk Management strategy and managing underwriting risk through the effective use of reinsurance.
The primary function of this position is to assist in providing valuable insights, solutions, services and operational improvements to the team through the use of data & analytics.
Activities include, but are not limited to data analysis, automation of data flows, informing risk management & capital optimization strategies, ceded reinsurance strategy, financial and capital modelling, and developing insights through financial analysis.
* Support the organization in opportunity identification, data-based decision-making, and performance assessment
* Supervise and optimize data flows to allow for a heightened focus on strategic initiatives
* Develop and manage data tools and solutions that provide value directly to internal customers
* Work with global risk owners to develop, track, and analyse key risk management metrics
* Build and maintain business intelligence dashboards to monitor and analyse key risk indicators
* Provide data insights to support financial modelling and ceded reinsurance strategy to improve returns on capital
* Support financial statement and capital requirement forecasting processes to ensure capital adequacy and efficiency
Skills & experience
* Dedication to process improvement and an analytical mindset
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Strong Excel, SQL and data manipulation skills
* Knowledge of Visual Basic, R, or Python a plus
* Understanding of financial processes and systems
* Organised with ability to multi-task
* Adaptable and comfortable with fast pace and shifting priorities