Job Title: Telephone Account Manager - Insurance
Salary: £22,000 - £27,000 basic + Commission (OTE £15,000)
Job type: Permanent, Full time
Guardian was "re-born" with a simple objective….to make life better. It's at the core of everything we do and we've worked hard to turn an idea into an exciting business proposition. We've bought together the best capability, technology and people to create a business that challenges conventional thinking, and approaches things differently.
We believe that by being trusting we will be trusted in return. For our business that means providing Financial Advisers and their clients with products and services that they can be certain of. For you that means being part of a team where you can really make a difference, and part of a culture that is driven to make life better. You'll be in an environment that you can trust to do everything it can to help you grow and succeed.
If you would like to build a career in sales and be part of an exciting, innovative and growing business then join us at Guardian to experience 'Life. Made better'.
The creation of this role follows the recent and continuing growth of the business throughout 2020. As an Associate Telephone Account Manager, you will be responsible for generating new business from your assigned accounts and promoting Guardian's proposition with intermediaries.
The role will involve promoting Guardian's full suite of Individual Protection products to an allocated panel of Advisers/Brokers over the telephone.
- Generate a high volume of outbound calls and business development activity to a panel of assigned accounts
- Generate new business to meet the agreed sales target for your assigned accounts
- Work with the Distribution & Marketing Management Team to ensure the Guardian proposition is approved to do business with Advisers
- Have a great attitude and the ability to build new relationships with external contacts
- Ensure that all compliance and KPI requirements are met
- Ability to prioritise to achieve a high volume of outbound calls and business development activity
- Ensure all business objectives are achieved and excellent relationships, both internally and externally are maintained
- Build strong enduring relationships with our intermediary partners as well as internal customers
- Self-motivated and the ability to work independently as well as within a team
- To review and identify opportunities, so that we can create a learning organisation, in line with the agreed process
- To be an effective role model within the team, living and promoting the Guardian vision and values to ensure the team are brand ambassadors, in accordance with the beliefs of the business
Ideally, you will have the following experience:
- A successful sales track record
- Experience in telephone sales
The following experience would be desirable but not essential:
- Financial Service experience
- Protection knowledge
- Intermediary sales experience
To support this experience, you will have the following special skills:
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Ambition and desire to succeed
- Work effectively within the team, supporting others to enable them to achieve their best
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability, desire and confidence to influence stakeholders at all levels
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Business Development Executive, Sales Executive, Sales Agent, Sales Consultant, Key Account Manager, BDM, BDE, Business Development Manager, Sales, Lead Generation, Account Manager, Business Developer may also be considered for this role.