Trainee Analyst Programmer
Trainee Analyst Programmer city / home to £30,000
To undertake analysis, development, support and implementation of IT business systems in line with the department's development lifecycle.
1. Assist with the design, development, and release of IT Solutions.
2. Work with the technical teams in providing support and maintenance for the IT business systems, adhering to the department's change control standards.
3. Develop awareness of the company's overall business and the systems which support it.
4. Understand the data and process modelling diagrams at the business, logical and physical level.
5. Ability to communicate clearly and methodically on technically related issues to all levels of staff, sometimes working under pressure on IT production problems.
6. Willingness to learn new technologies to further develop skills and knowledge whilst learning and accepting guidance from colleagues.
7. Occasional out of hours work as and when required for IT implementations.
8. Work with the IT Project Leaders to provide input to and adhere to project estimates.
9. Assist with produce handover documentation and training.
10. Undertake and participate in system and user test sessions.
11. Support senior staff in showcasing IT Solutions to business users.
12. Assist in the evaluation of 3rd party products.
13. Liaise with 3rd parties on technical issues and software releases.
14. Attend courses and seminars.
15. Be able to travel to 3rd party suppliers as requested by the department.
16. To carry out any other ad hoc duties as required.
- Related qualification in IT
- Good communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Eagerness to learn
- Good problem-solving skills
- Keen interest in information technology
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of object orientated programming
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Knowledge of networking
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.