UNDERWRITING ASSISTANT to £35,000
Reporting to the Delegated Underwriting Manager in London, the Underwriting Assistant's responsibilities include assistance with delegated underwriting compliance ensuring information is correctly and accurately recorded in the Binder Management and Coverholder approval tools, monitoring any exceptions, as well as any ad hoc tasks or projects where required.
- Support the work of the Delegated Underwriting Manager in controlling and monitoring the syndicate's delegated underwriting business, ensuring adherence to Lloyd's Underwriting Management Standards.
- Manage receipt and chasing of Risk and premium bordereau, liaising with Operations and Underwriting teams as required.
- Map and process initial risk and premium bordereau, in the Bordereau Management system.
- Review, analyse and process Binder information in Delegated Data Manager.
- Review, analyse and process Binder registrations in Delegated Contract Oversight Manager.
- Liaise with Brokers, Underwriters, and Operations to ensure that Delegated account information is current, accurate and complete within the Binder Management and Coverholder approval tool.
- Review of risk and premium data assessing the current credit control position, raising any outcome with underwriters, brokers and coverholders.
- Development, implementation and documentation of processes and controls for efficient handling of the Delegated Authority accounts.
- Complete pre bind quality assurance (PBQA) and other contract wording reviews.
- Maintenance and testing of delegated underwriting processes and systems.
- Responsible for ensuring Standard of Service is communicated to third parties.
- During busy periods supporting onboarding and ongoing monitoring of Coverholders ensuring their compliance with reporting requirements, following up on any areas of non-compliance with underwriters and coverholders and reporting on any findings.
- Lloyds/ London Market Knowledge Essential
- Remains open to new thinking and ideas, and views situations from multiple perspectives.
- Performs with minimal supervision.
- Applies strong technical skills to achieve results.
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.