Senior Syndicate Accountant
To assist in the delivery of accurate, meaningful and timely financial information for the syndicate, and related companies in accordance with agreed standards and deadlines.
- Preparation/review of all regulatory returns
- Preparation/review of Lloyd's related Statutory accounts and other statutory information
- Preparation/review of quarterly consolidation reporting to Group
- Support the Lloyd's Platform's reporting framework, ensuring compliance with relevant accounting standards and development
- Preparation/review of the quarterly reconciliations to support P&L and Balance Sheet for Lloyd's and other entities
- Preparation of entity management information for submission to group team and analysis.
- Posting of technical account transactions to the Coda (system) nominal ledger
- Input to the development and ongoing maintenance of systems and processes required for management information and regulatory reporting for Lloyd's entities
- Assuring the quality of output from Offshore function to ensure that it meets the required standard for the UK Platform teams to be able to effectively report
- Input to comply with new accounting standards and developments within Lloyd's and entities, in addition to internal policies and procedures
- Assist with the transition of work offshore and review of the work performed.
Skills & experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in the insurance market within a Syndicate finance function
- Experience of Lloyd's accounting and reporting rules expected
- Experience of working in a UK or US listed group desirable
- A formal accounting qualification is essential
- Negotiating, verbal and written communications, numerical reasoning, report writing, analytical.
- Self motivated, problem solver and flexible
- Good at building relationships
- Process and control oriented
- Microsoft packages, Word, Excel, E-mail, Spreadsheets, Internet software, Database software