Senior Compliance Manager (Insurance) - London
- Undertaking autonomous consultancy, engagement, and monitoring to help embed a compliant culture within the business and to help ensure the business unit is compliant with applicable PRA and FCA regulations
- Providing Compliance advice and guidance to the teams on new products, new business opportunities, changes to existing business relationships and changes to existing products
- To independently operate as the recognised Compliance expert for the Teams, considering and proposing options and advising on all aspects of FCA, e.g. provision of product information, literature and documentation, cancellations, claims handling etc.
- To engage with the teams, to assist them in delivering regulatory compliance and fair customer outcomes, e.g. attending meetings, assisting on a one to one basis, working through issues and resolving them, getting involved in projects with a regulatory impact etc.
- To manage and undertake compliance monitoring and reporting as specified in the Compliance Monitoring Plan, to help ensure the teams maintain compliance with regulatory standards, and that breaches are remedied promptly
- To monitor regulatory developments (FCA), and to read, and understand the new consultation papers and policy statements, and thus maintain the Regulatory Developments Tracker (RDT) system and to issue briefing updates
- To advise the teams of new regulation, interpret the impact this may have and to work the teams so that they can implement any new processes required as a result of FCA policy changes
- To co-ordinate the team responses to FCA thematic work / routine enquiries
- To support the teams in their assessment of new outsourcers, to ensure that these are logged on the outsourcing register and assist the Protection Team in determining the appropriate oversight and monitoring arrangements
- To critically evaluate all new product proposals and product reviews from a regulatory perspective
- Complete other activity over and above those listed in the role profile, appropriate to your skills and experience
It is essential for this role that you have experience of working in the compliance function of an insurance business and have detailed knowledge of SMCR.
Apply for Senior Compliance Manager (Insurance) - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly